Planning Board Meeting with Cambridge City Hall scheduled for Tuesday, November 23, 2021 has been postponed by WinnCompanies and the City is awaiting a reschedule date.
- Feb 24, 2022: Cambridge Day, “Residents see second proposal for Walden Square with assurances for better security, maintenance – Cambridge Day“ by Marc Levy (read here)
Feb 23, 2022 at 6:00pm (EST) Walden Square II Development Community Meeting. WinnCompanies is hosting a community meeting to discuss a proposal to build new affordable housing at Walden Square Apartments. Click here to view the meeting flyer. Click here to watch the meeting (coming soon.)
Jan 27, 2022: Cambridge Day, “Mayors’ letter about Walden Square problems puts Winn development on notice with funder (corrected)” by Marc Levy (read here)
Dec 21, 2021: City Planning Board Meeting. Petition filed by Walden Neighbors to amend the AHO by increasing the setbacks. The current AHO allows for a developer to build with minimal setback. The petition was denied by the city ordinance committee and the city planning committee. Recording of meeting available on YouTube (here.)
Dec 8, 2021: City Ordinance Committee Meeting, “Overlay Advisory Design Consultation Procedure.” The first of two meetings before the Planning Board, in which Cambridge residents are allowed to speak at the meeting or send in comments before; for information on submitting comments or joining the meeting via Zoom see the Planning Board’s website (here).
Nov 23, 2021: City Ordinance Committee, “Overlay Advisory Design Consultation Procedure.” (postponed at Winn’s request to Dec 8)
October 18, 2021: City Council Meeting. This meeting to include two petitions for changes to the AHO (here)
- August 14 & 15, 2021. “An Alternative Model,” neighborhood meeting held at Yerxa Park.
- June 1, 2021, Cambridge Day, “Four ways the Affordable Housing Overlay zoning is being misused on a proposal for Walden Square” – Op-Ed
- May 27, 2021, Cambridge Day, “What some affordable housing proponents miss” – Op-Ed
- PublicationsMay 15, 2021. “Building Community,” neighborhood meeting held at Yerxa Park. Watch recording (here).